[scribus] ANNOUNCEMENT: Scribus - The Official Manual is now available for sale!

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 16:41:05 CET 2009

Gregory Pittman said the following at 01/15/2009 07:16 PM :

>> Never mind; maybe by the time I do my next book there will be some
>> reasonably automated way to do indices.
>>

> Yes, there are things coming which will help. For various reasons,
> things like indices are a bit down the list of priorities at the moment.

I'm glad that indices are being worked on, even if at a low priority. To my
mind, it's probably obvious they're the one big obvious missing thing that
stops me at least trying to write a proper book.

> One of the things I hope to achieve with the manual is wider use of
> Scribus, since I think for some they need to see the book to get a sense
> that learning Scribus is something they can manage.

Yes, I'm hoping that that's what it will do for me. Even though I know
developers mean well with various other ways to deliver information, I
simply find it to too difficult to struggle to get every tiny question
answered, because each time you go through some variation of the sequence:

1. Look everywhere you can think of to find the answer (which may easily
take a quarter of an hour, even for a simple question).
2. If you can't find it, ask someone.
3. Try to understand a usually-ambiguous answer that answers a slightly
different question from the one asked.

So I hope that the manual will eliminate a lot of that.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR