[scribus] moncal documentation needs work

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Jan 6 01:15:49 CET 2009

D. R. Evans wrote:
> Gregory Pittman said the following at 01/01/2009 05:28 PM :
>

>> There is limited access for editing the docs.scribus.net site. I would
>> suggest trying the lprof help pages and see if they help:
>>
>> http://lprof.sourceforge.net/help/monitor.html
>>

> Thank you. I can't say they're a whole lot better. But I've tried to guess
> my way through the process. And now I find that I can't see how to turn on
> the profiles in Scribus :-( The help suggests that there should be a colour
> management dialogue in Preferences, but I don't see one.
>
> There is an "ICC Profiles" section in Preferences | General, but it's
> greyed out :-(
>
> Running 64-bit scribus-ng (1.3.4) from Kubuntu 8.10.

Look in Help > About Scribus and see if the Build ID shows you have lcms
support. With full support there are five characters: C-C-T-F-C. The
first C means you have lcms support, otherwise it will be an asterisk.
You may need to install lcms-devel or something similar on your system.
Also, you should be using 1.3.5svn unless you would rather use current
stable (1.3.3.12 or 1.3.3.13svn).

Greg