[scribus] Scribus extract data from pdf form

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Thu Feb 26 08:20:43 CET 2009

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 18:06:17 +1100
Mobify wrote:

> I should have explained clearer, the pdf form is an interactive form where
> user can enter data in. The main reason for that form is to capture data,
> but since Adobe Reader user will not be able to save the form including
> the data, then is there any other way to capture data entered?

Probably not easily.  The simplest solution to your problem is "don't do
that".

Create a form using html, or just about anything else, even something like Bash
and Zenity could be made to work, and save data out of that.

> I was thinking if there's a script which can go through the fields and
> extract the data into xml or csv and there another script for import /
> putting these data back into the form?

Easily done with just about anything other than Adobe Reader and a PDF file.

Perhaps you need a simple database?  OpenOffice includes a database, but I've
never tried it myself.  You might want to look at Postgresql if you have a lot
of stuff to keep track of.

I think you're looking at the wrong tool for the job.