[scribus] What things are called

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Thu Feb 26 07:34:46 CET 2009

> Thing is, some meatspace analogies are not equivalent, and maybe
> that's part of the problem. You can say, for example, "I was driving

These things are just way to common today. My daughter (11 yo) got a
webcam for her computer. So, what does she say when she's using it? "I'm
using my web."...

People seem to think the best way to abbrevate something is to cut of the
end of it.

"I was using Internet"... So what web browser did you use? "Internet!" Oh,
you mean Internet Explorer??

I remember someone telling me he had problems "surfing the net". What he
really had was problems sending e-mail with his e-mail program.

/Peter