[scribus] Gimp/Scribus issues

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Feb 25 15:56:00 CET 2009

dylanpetrohilos at gmail.com wrote:
> I told scribus where GIMP is but it's still giving me the same message

What is your OS? (not sure if this makes any difference)

Did you stop/restart Scribus?

The fallback mode will be to simply do this manually. Being able to edit
in gimp is mainly a  convenience feature, so that you don't have to find
the file for the image with gimp. Otherwise, gimp works the same, the
edited file is saved to its original location, and you still have to
reload the file in Scribus to see your edits. Sometimes this is an
inconvenience or not what you want, if you want to preserve your
original image file unedited.

Greg