[scribus] PDF output: printer versus grayscale

Jean Ghali jghali at libertysurf.fr
Sun Feb 22 14:29:00 CET 2009

Michal Blazejczyk wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> When I generate PDFs with Scribus (the latest official version
> for Windows), in one of the tabs there is a "Output" setting:
> Screen, Print, or Grayscale.  I've been setting it to Print in
> the past, but recently I've realized that this setting causes
> grayscale (8-bit) images to be transformed into 24-bit images
> (RGB).  Why is this?  Is it normal?

Hi,

I guess you are using the "Use profiles" options in pdf export dialog. When
enabled for images, this option *convert* images to the specified profile
and tag resulting images with that profile.  I've just made tests without
those options enabled, grayscale images output as grayscale as expected.

Jean