[scribus] eps probably

Jeffrey Silverman jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 21:08:39 CET 2009

First of all, your post is rather rambling and hard to understand. I
don't see any problem with using proper punctuation, grammar, and
capitalization (capitalisation for those with a penchance for UK
spellings). In fact, I recommend it!

EPS is a *vector* graphic format. Well, you can include in bitmap
images, but EPS is basically vectors.

See this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_graphics

Anyway, you can't ADD resolution to something once it has been scaled
down. It is impossible.

Also, EPS is pretty poor at showing images until it is actually
printed, and can be hard to work with for the novice.

Hope this helps!

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 2:54 PM, michael crane <mick.crane at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
> I know it's not really what it's meant for but I put together a whole
> lot of fruit and veg in a document.
> I should have done it in gimp or something but I didn't.
> Now I want to save the images/document to maybe retouch it and add a
> shadow or two.
>
> the image export in png or jpeg is a bit low resolution.
> Is that changeable ?
> So I try to export as EPS, after gathering, then when I open in
> photoshop not much of the picture is there.
> and what images are there are silhouettes and flat colours.
> Is EPS supposed to show images ?
> I never used EPS before. are there any obvious things to do ?
>
> regards
>
> mick

JDS