[scribus] line spacing

jwminer at accessvt.com jwminer at accessvt.com
Mon Feb 9 23:48:51 CET 2009

> michael crane wrote:
>
>> I would like to point out that in vista ( wether it's scribus
>> or vista
>> I do not know ) but the pop up windows are not resizable
>> and so important tabs are not visible when below the monitor
>> bottom edge.

Although I usually use Linux, I'm in Vista right now so I could test
this out. I haven't found a non-resizable window ("popup window"?)
in Scribus. However, the expected double arrows on the sides,
bottom, or corners do not appear, which may lead the user to think
the windows are not resizable. Just put your mouse cursor on the
side from which you want to resize and drag it as usual. It should
rezize fine.

What "important tabs are not visible when below the monitor bottom
edge"? I was unable to figure out what you're seeing. If you need
more vertical space to get a box smaller, right-click on the
Taskbar, select Properties, and click on Autohide the Taskbar. If
you want to see the Taskbar all the time again, move your cursor to
the bottom of the screen. When you see the Taskbar, right click and
uncheck Autohide the Taskbar.

Some Scribus dialog boxes have a minimum size and cannot be made
smaller in that dimension. They should still fit on the screen. If
you're using a netbook, which may have a small screen size, the
screen may be too small to display the whole box. I don't know if
there's a solution for that. I hate to think of Vista on a netbook,
though. ;-)

Hope this helps.
--Judy M.
  Vermont, USA