[scribus] Embarassing newbie questions...

Alan Tutt alan at powerkeyspub.com
Tue Dec 29 16:46:45 CET 2009

Hi Henry,

When you create a new Scribus file, you can have Scribus create a number of
pages with "automatic" text frames which are then linked from the first page
to the last.  This will be the easiest way to get what you're looking for.

Otherwise, the reason why Scribus is more flexible than OOo Writer is because
you can define what goes on each page, and where text should flow from one
frame to another.  Think magazine layouts here, where an article continues to
the middle colume on a page in the back rather than on the next page.

I don't know if Scribus has any sort of automatic Table of Contents feature.
When I've created enough text to require one, both text and ToC are created in
OOo and then imported into Scribus, where I then add Scribus-specific layout
adjustments.  Any changes to the ToC are then updated manually.

If there's a way to automate this, I'd love to know about it too.

- Alan Tutt