[scribus] Embarassing newbie questions...

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 29 16:38:47 CET 2009

On 12/29/2009 10:27 AM, Henrik Larsen wrote:
> Hi, new to the list, new to Scribus. I have been watching the video tutorials and reading pages of text about using this crafty tool, but some things just are not adding up, and I seem to be looking in the wrong places. So here I am, with questions no doubt asked hundreds of times before...
>
> First, how do I get a simple flowing text? I mean this like text in a word processor like OpenOffice Writer or MS Word: I put in a text, and it just continues across the pages? Currently, I need to put a fullsize textbox into every page (by hand, no less) and connect them to get a continued text that takes up multiple pages. With fifty pages of text, that is not very practical.

Let me answer this part. The simple, "word-processor-like" way to do
this is to create automatic text frames when you create a new document -
this is in the New Document dialog. This makes a frame on each page, and
they are automatically linked. Furthermore, you don't have to know how
many pages you will need when you start, since adding pages later will
also make a text frame and link it to the previous page's frame.

Although this will create frames in a somewhat rigid fashion, ie,
filling the page to the margins, afterward you can resize individual
frames to your liking, and add other objects.

Greg