[scribus] OT - Fontmatrix

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Dec 27 09:04:36 CET 2009

On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 07:33:35 +0100
Christoph Schäfer <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> dijo:

>Am Sonntag, 27. Dezember 2009 05:53:19 schrieb John Jason Jordan:
>> I am trying to find a mailing list for Fontmatrix. The only thing I
>> can find sends Firefox into a panic because apparently the site is
>> untrusted. Can anyone point me to a way to sign up?
>
>It's not a panic, just a warning. You can set a temporary exception to
>access the list. GNA seems to be a platform with sub-standard and a
>bit sloppy support, but I could be wrong. Another possibility is that
>the FM main developer was unable to update his certificate, due to a
>serious health issue.
>
>Also, I don't think that it makes much sense to subscribe to the FM
>mailing list, as it's almost dead until the FM developer has
>recovered. In the meantime, it's better to use the Scribus channels,
>i.e. the ML and IRC.

Thanks for the information.

I was just trying to figure out how to change the size of the character
images in the Compare window. Even if I run FM full screen the images
are so huge that I can compare only two fonts at a time. None of the
other font size choices have any effect on the Compare window. It may
be a feature that is missing, but if there is a setting somewhere I'd
like to find it.

And if anyone communicates with the developer, please tell him his fan
club hopes he recovers soon.