[scribus] PDF forms

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Dec 19 19:33:25 CET 2009

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 08:32:47 -0700
Steven Dayton <daytonmeister at gmail.com> dijo:

>To save data in filled out forms users need to have either Acrobat
>Standard or Acrobat Professional. If you want users to be able to save
>data in filled out forms using the free Adobe Reader the form needs to
>be reader enabled from Acrobat Professional. I have been trying out
>Foxit Reader and it seems to be able to save data in forms even though
>the form hasn't been reader enabled. I'm still trying it out. When I
>first started working with Scribus one of the first things I did was
>make a form to see what it could do and it did quite a good job.

I was able to save a filled out PDF using Okular on Fedora 11.

I also have Adobe Reader 9.2, but it wouldn't let me save the form
after I filled it in. I didn't try Foxit.

As a workaround, one can install CUPS-PDF or other "print to PDF"
utilities, then print the filled out form. You could even print to
PostScript, then import the PostScript into Scribus, and then
export from Scribus as a new PDF, but that's a pretty long way around.