[scribus] receving error message "can not write the file" (pdf)

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Mon Dec 7 20:48:35 CET 2009

Judy Maurer wrote:

>> No, I have permission for this directory and there's room on the
>> hard drive.

If you open Computer Management (Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management) and open Event Viewer (under System Tools on the left) and then click on Application, is there anything listed at the time you got the error message? You may need to attempt the export again and note the time.

Alternatively, is it possible that one of the errors reported when you start the export to PDF process is more serious than you thought? It might be a good idea to list what those errors are, just in case.

Can you create a simple document (SLA) and export that to PDF?

--
Henry