[scribus] Formatting text automatically

Yevgenia Casale yevgenia at pras.ca
Mon Dec 7 17:14:16 CET 2009

Hi there,

I appologize if this is not the correct place to ask this question. I
haven't gotten the hang of how to go through older posts.

I've created a book (multi-page document) manuscript in Word and want to add
'tags' so that I can take advantage of style sheets. In other words, I want
to 'get text' and have Scribus determine where all the headings,
subheadings, and text are. I then want it to build a table of contents.

Is there a document or anything available that gives me a step-by-step or an
example of how to do this? I saw something brief ("#h1/") but, I wasn't sure
if I’m supposed to use the quotation marks and if I can define the style
heading or if there is a convention. Also, I wasn't sure where in Scribus to
set up the correlating style definition based on that tag.

Thanks so much,
Jen