[scribus] Font size differs

Lars Behrens lars.behrens at pi.uka.de
Mon Dec 7 10:13:17 CET 2009

Am Samstag, 5. Dezember 2009  schrieb John Culleton:

> What is your workflow? What are you comparing, screen images
> or paper output?

I have to set up templates for scientific posters, the originals where
provided for CorelDraw and OO. There are a few conventions that have to be
fulfilled e.g. font sizes.

So I take the eps-export of a CorlDraw file and put it in the background of
my scribus file then just put text boxes and background color fields where
they have to be. No big thing.

Any text block in the originating template is written like "Normal text
here (black, Arial Regular, 32pt)", "Headline here, (50% black, Arial Bold,
40pt) and so on, so I have quite a good comparism of how font size should be
and how Scribus' font size has to be set up to match the required size.

I also did the same thing in Illustrator, sizes there exactly matched the
specifications. And to be sure to exclude any Xorg-specific stuff I tried it
with Scribus in Windows, same result: What is 32pt in other applications is
24.5 pt in Scribus (63.4 pt for 80 pt and so on)

I'm using Scribus-Version 1.3.5.1 in SUSE 11.2

TIA!

Lars