[scribus] Best Linux distro for Scribus

Richard eyelagui at adinet.com.uy
Sat Dec 5 04:09:17 CET 2009

If you have a Radeon HD series card you can use the proprietary driver.
Or you should.

And you don't have an ATI chipset using open source driver.
Or if you have it, you're not on a battery powered computer (working
ACPI needed).

If you want to use Scribus on a laptop with KDE 4 installed and some ATI
chipsets and/or certain "x" series radeon video cards you can't go too
far from the electrical outlet, so, you have a useless "portable" computer.

Also if you like me keep on an older KDE using 64bits OS (4GB+ RAM)
you'll have full ACPI support, amazing 3D video performance, but a
crashing system due poor 64bits kernel/packages/drivers stability. Same
combination on 32bits versions works flawlessly but woth a top of 2.5GB
of RAM.