[scribus] Best Linux distro for Scribus

Richard eyelagui at adinet.com.uy
Fri Dec 4 21:57:12 CET 2009

Is not about KDE (my mistake) is xorg who needs new driver "format?"....
and KDE4 needs "that" "new" Xorg
I dont know what, why or where but there is "something" on "new" KDE/Xorg.
You can't use the same driver on KDE4 and KDE3 even if you compile them
for the same kernel.

I dont know too much about "new" KDE/Xorg, but i do know that to use
Scribus on Linux i have to keep on KDE3.5 otherwise if i go KDE4 i cant
work on Scribus while unplugged because i have no battery management at all.
AND on KDE4 there is no chance to use the correct video driver so the
performance on Scribus while too much graphics will be worst.