[scribus] Moving to Linux

Steven Dayton daytonmeister at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 22:22:12 CEST 2009

>>Christoph Schäfer wrote:

>>Hence the recommendations of the team: Debian, Fedora or OpenSUSE. Other
>>options are Mandriva or PC Linux OS (both very user-friendly).

Is the recommendation in that order? Maybe not but I thought I would ask. I know everyone has their favorite. I have tried for the past week to down either the Live version of OpenSUSE or the DVD version and have not been able to. I did finally get the Live version of onto a disc but when I tried to boot up from said disc it got about half way through then threw up a screen that was filled with a pattern of some sort and hung up on me. The DVD version on my computer here at home wants to take almost a whole day. And now my Ubuntu machine is acting up. :-(

How does Scribus on some of these other systems work compared to Ubuntu?

StevenD