[scribus] Scribus Installation Without Administrative Rights

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 29 15:35:30 CEST 2009

On 08/29/2009 09:23 AM, Asif Lodhi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Many times, I want to use Scribus in a Windows XP based work
> environment where I don't have administrative rights but cannot
> install it as the default installation requires administrative rights.
> It would be great if users with restricted rights could install
> Scribus in their own home directory/folder. The reason I am writing
> this is that I am facing this problem for the fourth or fifth time now
> and I want to use Scribus and I cannot do anything about it.

It shouldn't be that hard. I have the same problem at the hospital, and
what I did was install Scribus to a USB flash memory stick, and run it
from there.

One additional trick was to put in the stick before I logged in, since
they also have the systems set up to not allow any mounting of devices
beyond a certain number.

Greg