[scribus] Is Scribus of No Practical Use to Engineers, Scientists and Mathematicians?

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sun Aug 23 12:34:23 CEST 2009

> The Symbol font will not display; Zapf Dingbats will not display;
> Render Frame will not work (). Latex/Tex is not working/available ....
>
> I am a technical author. I need to set Greek symbols within lines of
> ordinary text. I need to set mathematical formulae.

If latex/TeX is not available, why?

Do you have latex etc installed

can you produce documents in Latex?

If you have latex, I suggest you use that for the time being. it also
has the advantage of making footnotes and reference list.

Do your fonts display in Open office or whatever document editor you
are using?

--

Owen