[scribus] Speed change when adding PS vector images

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Aug 20 22:50:58 CEST 2009

hi john jason,

i don't really understand your workflow... but well, maybe i have something you can try...

> Something about those 36 PS graphics is causing a massive
> problem. And I mean it is slow everywhere in the document, not just on
> the pages containing the new graphics.
>
> The graphic in question is as displayed here:
>
> http://www.langsci.ucl.ac.uk/ipa/pulmonic.html
>
> I downloaded it as a PDF, then printed to file with Adobe Reader in
> order to get a vector PS file. After importing it into Scribus I
> ungrouped it and removed the gray rectangles because I wanted it
> clear. Then I regrouped it and copied and pasted 35 times. The
> characters are all coverted to paths.

having looked at the graphics, i would suggest you, to delete all the copies you have made, import again the ps file, recreate the table with scribus' own lines and rectangles, move the vectorized letters into the newly created table, group the whole thing. make multiple copies of it.

imported ps files may include complicated and not really used artifacts which will make the whole group much too complicated.

have fun
a.l.e