[scribus] Moving to Linux

Bo Engborg boengborg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 20:30:03 CEST 2009

> > To get URW classico:
>
> > 1. Open a terminal (remember, in Linux, the command line is your friend
> --

> evan if something can be done with a GUI, often it's easier, and certainly
> > easier to describe, to do it from the command line).
>
> > 2. In the window type "getnonfreefonts -a"
>
> > That should do it.
>
> > If you get a message saying that the system doesn't understand the
> command,
> > then you need to install the ubuntu package "texlive-base-bin". But most
> > likely you have that installed already, so you shouldn't see an error.

I installed the texlive-base-bin and ran the getnonfreefonts -a  command, it
looked like it was working, but I didnt get the new fonts in the list of
fonts in Scribus. Then I found them in a catalog and drag them into
Fontmatrix, and now they appeared. Dont know if this was the best way to do
it, but now it works.
Thanks a lot for the help!

- Bo E -