[scribus] color profiles

vwf vwf at vulkor.net
Wed Aug 19 11:00:26 CEST 2009

Hello Scribus users,

I am in the process of making a small book (~90 pages).
All goes rather OK; various minor bugs in 1.3.5rc2, but no serious
problems yet.

My question is about the use of color for the cover. I have a color
photo, and use pantone colors. The problem is where to add the color
profile. I can add a profile to the photo, using "convert +profile ...".
(This seriously increases the size of the photo: 31MB->60MB). It looks
like scribus can also add a profile when exporting to PDF:
color > images: use color profile & do not use embedded color profiles.
I do not know which procedure to follow. The Scribus book does not
provide any useful information, neither does Create Book Covers with
Scribus (which was far too basic for my needs).

Another question: scribus cannot embed OTF, so they must be outlined.
Is there a difference in quality?

Can someone help me?

Thank you,
Frits