[scribus] mysterious bootlog file

Jeffrey Silverman jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 03:36:32 CEST 2009

1) How did you create the file in the first place?
"BOOTLOG.DAT...which I created to keep a log of ..."

2) Do other apps ask for this file ever?

3) Try deleting the .scribus directory equivalent for Windows. (I
don't know what this called on Windows, but on Linux it is
"/home/username/.scribus".) On Windows it is probably "C:\Documents
and Settings\username\scribus" or maybe "C:\Documents and
Settings\username\.scribus" but I don't use Windows. And then
restarting Scribus

#3 is prolly yer best bet

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 8:59 PM, Robert Marma<robert_marma at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello again,
>  At the risk of bothering you once again, I am writing to the group with yet another problem.  I recently installed version 1.3.3.14svn and am slowly delving into the intracies of using the app.  However, I have noticed what I hope is merely a minor anomaly.  Before the application window and the New Document dialog appear it asks for a file called BOOTLOG.DAT, which I had on my system before I used my Asus recovery disc to reinstall Windows XP.  The file, which I created to keep a log of boot dates and times at bootup, should not be there now, since I never reinstalled it after reinstalling Windows.  However, the real questions are: (1) "Why is Scribus asking for this file in the first place?" and  (2) "If Scribus really needs such a file, should I re-install the one I had?"
>  I apologize if I am bothering you with what might appear to be trivial problems, but please bear in mind that I am a Scribus "Newbie".
>  Thanks again for your time and patience.
> Bob

JDS