[scribus] mysterious bootlog file

Robert Marma robert_marma at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 19 02:59:35 CEST 2009

Hello again,
  At the risk of bothering you once again, I am writing to the group with yet another problem.  I recently installed version 1.3.3.14svn and am slowly delving into the intracies of using the app.  However, I have noticed what I hope is merely a minor anomaly.  Before the application window and the New Document dialog appear it asks for a file called BOOTLOG.DAT, which I had on my system before I used my Asus recovery disc to reinstall Windows XP.  The file, which I created to keep a log of boot dates and times at bootup, should not be there now, since I never reinstalled it after reinstalling Windows.  However, the real questions are: (1) "Why is Scribus asking for this file in the first place?" and  (2) "If Scribus really needs such a file, should I re-install the one I had?"
  I apologize if I am bothering you with what might appear to be trivial problems, but please bear in mind that I am a Scribus "Newbie".
  Thanks again for your time and patience.
Bob