[scribus] Story Editor Toolbars Bug?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Aug 18 03:36:16 CEST 2009

Until a discussion here earlier today (re: getting the coyness of the
kerning box) I was unaware that the toolbars in the Story Editor could
be detached. I knew about the main Scribus window, but it never dawned
on me that I could also detach the toolbars in the Story Editor. So I
did so, and I am thrilled to discover that there is no longer a problem
with the kerning box.

However, the detached toolbars stay on the desktop even when I minimize
Scribus. Right now I am writing this e-mail and I have to drag the
window away from the toolbars lest they obscure the e-mail compose
window.

I also have this problem with Inkscape, but not with any floating
toolbars in any other application.

I have Scribus 1.3.5 Rc3 on Ubuntu Jaunty x86_64. My video chip is
nVidia Quadro 140M and I am using the open source driver. The desktop
is standard Ubuntu Gnome 2.26.1, at 1680 x 1050.

I don't know if the problem is in Scribus, Gnome or the video driver.
Or maybe all three are not playing nice with each other.

Before I file a bug report, has anyone else experienced this?