[scribus] PDF X/1a:2001 again.

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Mon Aug 17 01:00:38 CEST 2009

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 12:21:21 -0400
John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> My old nemesis LSI is still insisting on the above PDF format;
> otherwise they will run the cover file through a process that
> rasterizes the file.  When it comes to access to Amazon it is their
> bat and their ball and you have to play the game their way.

*WARNING* I know zilch about PDF specs

have you tried editing the first line in the pdf file to read
%PDF-X/1a:2001 (or whatever a PDF-X/1a:2001 file has as its first line)

I just edited a PDF file that had %PDF-1.4 as its first line. Acrobat
Reader flashed up a message (I haven't done speed reading) but it said
something about "Rebuilding"

Ocular just opened it

Maybe that's all they check?

Owen