[scribus] Appying character styles to words?

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Aug 16 21:02:08 CEST 2009

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 19:14:51 +0200
Peter Nermander <peter at nermander.se> wrote:

> I generally want to run stable versions so I haven't looked at 1.3.5
> until I downloaded it yesterday.

welcome in the new generation :-)

you should still be warned that 1.3.5.x is still not a stable version.

> But I can't find how I am supposed to apply a
> character style to a single (or a few) words of a paragraph?

what about marknig the (few) word(s) and applying the character style
from the properties palette?

> Also I find I find a bit frustrating that it seems as if I must set
> character properties for both character styles and paragraph styles.

you don't have to, you can!

you can define character styles or you can define the character part
of a paragraph style (which will be applied to the paragraphs which
have that style).

you can inherit a character style into a character part of a paragraph
part. so you don't have to define the style twice.

> have a "BodyText" paragraph style (imported from a 1.3.3.13 document)
> and wanted to add a "BodyTextBold" character style. But could not find
> a way to copy the character properties from the paragraph style?

as i said: it goes the other way round (for now).

> I had
> to write down there character properties from the paragraph style and
> create the character style from scratch.
>
> I think it would be useful if the character properties of a paragraph
> style really also was a character style.

it may be interesting to do have such a feature.

have fun
a.l.e