[scribus] Trying to get 1.3.5 to put on Ubuntu machine

StevenD daytonmeister at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 00:04:01 CEST 2009

John Jason Jordan wrote:
> As for fonts, there is a page here that will explain how to install
> fonts on Linux:
>
> http://ipa4linguists.pbworks.com/How+to+install+fonts

I tried to put them into the shared fonts folder but I wasn't allowed
and I'm tired of battling with things for the time being. So I went the
quick route and put some of my fonts in the .fonts folder. I had to make
a new .fonts folder because there wasn't one. I didn't have to do
anything else as they are appearing at least in Scribus and Inkscape.
When I have a little more time I am going to go over the article you
wrote and see if I can figure some more things out. Thanks for the help.

SteveD