[scribus] Building Scribus-1.5.0

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Thu Aug 13 11:01:03 CEST 2009

Just some notes for those wanting to build 1.5.0.

On IRC I learnt that Franz added OpenSceneGraph as dependency for his
new plugin for adding 3D content.

So I installed anything that looked like OpenSceneGraph but that was to
no avail.

So this is how I built 1.5.0

svn co svn://scribus.info/Scribus/trunk/ scribus1.5.0

cd to scribus1.5.0/Scribus/scribus/plugins and edit CMakeLists.txt by
unhashing the line which reads #ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(picbrowser)
This allows the picture browser to be built

Now cd to scribus1.5.0-build (my build directory) and run

cmake ../scribus1.5.0/Scribus/
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/opt/scribus1.5.0 -DWANT_VERSIONING=1
-DWANT_CAIRO=1 -DWANT_DEBUG=1 -DWANT_NOOSG=1

The -DWANT_NOOSG=1 ignores the OpenSceneGraph stuff

(presumeably you can do it with -DWANT_QTARTHUR=1 but haven't tried
this yet. Also set your own install directory)

Note that 1.3.5 will not open sla files made in 1.5.0, but 1.5.0 will
open those made in 1.3.5.

Also it is suggested that you do not use this for production, just
play with it and report bugs to assist the developers.

Owen