[scribus] Congratulations ...

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Aug 12 19:06:33 CEST 2009

hi steven,

> Let me guess that what is called ScribusNG that I installed on my
> Ubuntu machine is not what is being talked about here. Right?
>
> When I select Add/Remove from the Applications menu I see Scribus and
> ScribusNG listed. I already had the 1.3.3.12 version that was
> available installed so I thought I would see what the ScribusNG was
> all about. It has a January 2009 date. How often are these options
> updated to get the newest development version let alone stable
> version?

in debian and ubuntu

- scribus should be 1.3.3.13 (eventually 1.3.3.12 if not yet updated) and
- scribus-ng should be 1.3.5.1 (eventually 1.3.5svn if not yet updated or 1.3.4 if you have an older version of the distribution).

if you use scribus' own repositories (as decribed in http://www.scribus.net/?q=debian) you will always have the latest stable scribus and development scribus-ng (just leave some time for malex to update them...).

have fun
a.l.e