[scribus] running Scribus on eeePC

Kurt Lhotzky kurt.lhotzky at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 09:01:58 CEST 2009

I have installed Scribus 1.3.3.12 on an ASUS eeepc 700 ("the first
generation") under eeebuntu. In principle it works perfect but the small
screen makes it not easy to do complex work with Scribus. Nevertheless, if
you just need it to make easy layouts (flyers etc.), it works. I highly
recommand to use a mouse instead of the touchpad ;-)!

Regards,

Kurt

2009/8/12 Owen <rcook at pcug.org.au>

> > Just like Patrick Ernst, I, too, have an Asus eeePC, and was wondering
> > how well Scribus will run on it.  Can I safely install Scribus without
> > any problems?  I would appreciate advice from Patrick or anyone out
> > there.
>

> Questions.
>
> What sort of eeepc
> Windows or Linux
>
> I have a 701 with Xandros + Ubuntu-9.04
>
> I think it would be close to impossible to install Scribus on the
> Xandros, however there is no such problem with the Ubuntu distro
>
> With a 7"screen, running Scribus has *big* problems. Like most other
> applications, dialog boxes, and their buttons, are often impossible to
> psyche out, move into view, re-size etc etc.
>
> So, you can put Scribus on the eeepc, but don't expect to do any
> productive work.
>
> --
>

> Owen

Kurt Lhotzky
Am Holzplatz 16
A-2301 Groß Enzersdorf

Achtung, geänderte Telefonnummer: .:+43 1 6991 585 16 69