[scribus] running Scribus on eeePC

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Wed Aug 12 07:52:11 CEST 2009

> Just like Patrick Ernst, I, too, have an Asus eeePC, and was wondering
> how well Scribus will run on it.  Can I safely install Scribus without
> any problems?  I would appreciate advice from Patrick or anyone out
> there.

Questions.

What sort of eeepc
Windows or Linux

I have a 701 with Xandros + Ubuntu-9.04

I think it would be close to impossible to install Scribus on the
Xandros, however there is no such problem with the Ubuntu distro

With a 7"screen, running Scribus has *big* problems. Like most other
applications, dialog boxes, and their buttons, are often impossible to
psyche out, move into view, re-size etc etc.

So, you can put Scribus on the eeepc, but don't expect to do any
productive work.

--

Owen