[scribus] Center text vertically?

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Aug 12 02:11:19 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 11 August 2009 08:03:46 pm John Culleton wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 August 2009 04:31:20 pm John Jason Jordan wrote:
> > In 1.3.5 Rc3 I cannot find a way to center text vertically in a
> > frame. Is this a missing feature, or have I failed to find it
> > in my search of the wiki?

> Do you mean rotating it 90 degrees for a book spine? That is
> easy, and is explained in both the help files and my e-book.  Do
> you mean centering a line or lines of text in the frame? For that
> you use the little icon in the story editor. There are five, left
> justified, center justified, right justified, full justification
> like a novel etc.  or full justification with the last line
> forced to be full length. You use the center justified icon.
>
> If you mean stacked letters like an old fashioned hotel sign then
> choose the center justified icon and put each character on its
> own line.  I just tried it and it works fine.

If you mean putting a line of text in the center of a frame with
significant vertical height then I would just reduce the height
till the text disappears, and then increase the height until the
text reappears again. I do that all the time.

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95