[scribus] Center text vertically?

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Aug 12 02:03:46 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 11 August 2009 04:31:20 pm John Jason Jordan wrote:
> In 1.3.5 Rc3 I cannot find a way to center text vertically in a
> frame. Is this a missing feature, or have I failed to find it in
> my search of the wiki?

Do you mean rotating it 90 degrees for a book spine? That is easy,
and is explained in both the help files and my e-book.  Do you mean
centering a line or lines of text in the frame? For that you use the
little icon in the story editor. There are five, left justified,
center justified, right justified, full justification like a novel
etc.  or full justification with the last line forced to be full
length. You use the center justified icon.

If you mean stacked letters like an old fashioned hotel sign then
choose the center justified icon and put each character on its own
line.  I just tried it and it works fine.

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95