[scribus] Scribus Limits, Present and Future

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Aug 11 13:22:08 CEST 2009

hi john && john,
> John Beardmore wrote
>> I suppose until 1.3.5 is released, there isn't much point in
>> comparing experiences in detail, but maybe once 1.3.5 is out we
>> should all contribute the following information for our larger
>> projects ?
>
>   OK. I took a few minutes to play with this. I tried copying the text
> from a friend's book I'm working on in another application. It is 318
> 6x9 pages in 15 chapters.
i started wroting a mail a few days ago, but it never went out. now it's
time to send at least a part of it!

"""
there is no performance statistics for scribus. it would be nice to have some standard documents which a list of typical tasks to perform on it. this test could be run to test scribus' improvements or downloaded to test if it suits somebody's needs...
"""

it would be nice if you could write down your steps in the wiki and attached the document you are using. we could then statistics for different computer specs and version of scribus.

have fun
a.l.e