[scribus] Disappearing Images

André Lategan andre at socke.co.nz
Tue Aug 11 12:16:36 CEST 2009

I produce a weekly club bulletin of about five or six pages. Roughly six
weeks ago I started experiencing a new phenomenon.  Images that I have
imported into picture frames simply disappear after a while and I have
to re-import them. It is never all the pictures - just some, and the
timing seems random. In one case I was looking at the screen, hands off
the keyboard and mouse, and a picture simply vanished out of the frame
as I watched. It's a pain - I have to scroll back occasionally to check
if my pictures are still in.

When it first happened, I deleted Scribus and reloaded the latest
version - 1.3.3.13. This didn't make a difference. I am using Windows XP.
I searched the Internet and the Scribus mailing list archives, to no
avail. Clearly it must be something about my set-up.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks,
André