[scribus] putting lines around table cells

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 11 04:13:29 CEST 2009

On 08/10/2009 05:04 PM, D. R. Evans wrote:
> I've spent about 20 minutes getting nowhere, and...
>
> 1. the instructions in the manual don't work with 1.3.5 (or, possibly, they
> work fine but my interpretation of what it's telling me to do is different
> from what the author thought he was saying)
>
> 2. I can't find anything relevant in the wiki (indeed, the entry for
> "Tables" is a complete mystery to me; it doesn't seem to be telling me how
> to do anything at all; it reads like an e-mail from some sort of design
> discussion)
>
> so, in desperation I am reduced to asking the (seemingly simple) question here:
>    how do I put a thick border around the outside of a table, and thinner
> borders around the cells?

Tables have changed, though it's arguable as to whether the changes are
useful for anything other than making the manual obsolete.

In 1.3.5, try Shift+Alt+Click on a cell (you will do it twice, once to
deselect the table, then the second to select the cell). Once you have a
cell selected, then you will find the means to indicate which borders to
show, but AFAIK you will have to have all the borders which you check
the same thickness and color.

Greg