[scribus] 2 questions: master pages & text flow odd/even pages

Ciro Soto ciro at kavyata.com
Fri Aug 7 13:38:24 CEST 2009

Good information, thanks.
My comments are:

1) I am using only one layer (background) in the document, but still
can't edit the text frame I
created in the master page editor when I am outside the master page
editor. From what Greg said,
I can't edit any frame created in the master page editor, so I will
have to create and edit text frame
for each page I add to the document. Does it mean I have to use a
template for the page plus the
template for the master page? I am confused.

2) How people have claimed books of 400+ pages using scribus then?

3) I could split the book in files with one chapter each with few
pages each. My question is then,
when I combine the pdf files (say I have 5 chapters, so there will be
5 pdf files) (I would combine them
using pdftk, for instance)  would each pdf file have the fonts loaded?
Would I have 5 times the font information in the final pdf file?

4) When I said 300+ pages was as an example, my book is really about
100 pages, but my questions
still apply.

I appreciate the multiple responses to my questions. thank you.

Ciro