[scribus] possible Scribus pagination feature

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Fri Aug 7 02:25:47 CEST 2009

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 08/06/2009 10:27 AM, Robert Marma wrote:

>> Thanks for the informative reports and answers to your other
>> subscribers. Even their questions are interesting and
>> thought-provoking, especially for a "newbie" like myself.  Last week I
>> queried you about a pagination feature in Scribus that I didn't notice
>> (or perhaps overlooked).  You apparently sent me an .eml reply, but no
>> answer, so I must assume that you simply haven't gotten to my request
>> yet.  Anyway, at the risk of being a pain, I'll repeat my last query:
>>
>> "I just subscribed to your mailing list and just installed Scribus
>> v1.3.3.13 on my Windows XP-based Compaq Presario 3000 laptop, along
>> with the recommended Ghost Script and the Adobe Reader v 8.1.4
>> upgrade. I developed my own little sheet pagination utility in
>> (believe it or not) GWBASIC, but was wondering if this latest stable
>> Scribus release includes a pagination feature. I did not notice it
>> mentioned in any of the tutorials I read, and right now I cannot
>> afford to purchase any of the current third party user manuals I have
>> seen advertised on line. If Scribus does not offer this feature I
>> would appreciate any assistance you can provide in locating a free or
>> low cost Srribus-compatible pagination utility ..."
>>
>> If you haven't gotten to my query, I apologize for bothering you with
>> it again, but, since I plan to use Scribus to produce a newsletter for
>> a ministry [at least, initially], I'll really need to use this feature.
>>
> By pagination we mean numbering of pages. Not sure if that's what you
> mean...

At risk of digressing / transgressing again, :), I thought pagination
was the process of dividing a continuous stream of text into pages ?

I guess in 'world of DTP', in practice, that would be text frames rather
than pages ?

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor