[scribus] possible Scribus pagination feature

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Aug 6 17:38:36 CEST 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009 11:08:03 am a.l.e wrote:
> hi robert
>
> > "I just subscribed to your mailing list and just installed
> > Scribus v1.3.3.13 on my Windows XP-based Compaq Presario 3000
> > laptop, along with the recommended Ghost Script and the Adobe
> > Reader v 8.1.4 upgrade. I developed my own little sheet
> > pagination utility in (believe it or not) GWBASIC, but was
> > wondering if this latest stable Scribus release includes a
> > pagination feature. I did not notice it mentioned in any of the
> > tutorials I read, and right now I cannot afford to purchase any
> > of the current third party user manuals I have seen advertised
> > on line. If Scribus does not offer this feature I would
> > appreciate any assistance you can provide in locating a free or
> > low cost Srribus-compatible pagination utility ..."
>
> i guess that you want to do some imposition, probably a booklet.
>
> scribus does not do any imposition. but there are some ways to
> "paginate".
>
> basically, you can use any software which can impose pdfs.
>
> you cand find some help here:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Imposition_tools
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Category:HOWTO#Imposition
>
> hope that helps
> a.l.e

I use psutils regularly to impose 8.5 x 11 music into a saddle
stitched booklet on 11 x 17 paper.  Here is my linux script, which
is called with
script1a issue
where issue is a file named issue.pdf
psbook $1.ps $1b.ps
echo 'psnup'
psnup -2 -ptabloid -Pletter $1b.ps $1p.ps
echo 'psselect'
psselect -o   $1p.ps $1o.ps
psselect -e -r  $1p.ps $1e.ps
#lpr $1o.ps
#echo 'switch paper'
#read x
#lpr $1e.ps
#rm $1p.ps $1e.ps $1o.ps $1b.ps
Windows has a less capable command line interface so you would have
to substitute "issue" for each occurrence of "$1".

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95