[scribus] OpenOffice Writer importer

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Aug 3 19:01:00 CEST 2009

On Monday 03 August 2009 11:08:34 am Jean Basile wrote:
> What's the status of the OO Writer importer? What I have
> installed via the Ubuntu repository hosted by scribus.info
> imports the notes as well within the text in an ugly way.

Ran some tests. Even the latest Scribus doesn't handle the notes in
a pretty fashion. The quick way to get rid of those pesky notes is
to save the file from OO Writer as text and reformat the text in
Scribus.  The slower way is to go through the document in OO Writer
and delete each note.

And of course you can edit in Scribus as well.

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95