[scribus] When was 1.0 released?

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Mon Aug 3 02:02:41 CEST 2009

John Culleton wrote:

> I am not certain when Scribus became a usable product. Anyone have a
> date?

I suppose it rather depends what you want to use it for.

I managed to do useful work under 1.3.3.9, but it was a bit marginal.
Still is given that there's no spelling checker.  Well for me anyway...

There were some very rough edges in 1.3.3.9 and a few things were
hastily returned to InDesign. That hasn't happened since though. If I'd
tried before 1.3.3.9 I might well have stuck with InDesign / Pagemaker.

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor