[scribus] Newbie Mac User

Jeffrey Silverman jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 00:47:49 CEST 2009

Hey, there does appear to be a misunderstanding about Ubuntu. Ubuntu is not
"dumbed down" in any way. It merely makes the hard, annoying stuff easier.
Like installation. Like setting up your network, or printer, or webcam. If,
occasionally, you come across an example like the 3D text one, there is
always a way around it, even if that way is reinstalling that package from
source. Mac OS does not have that option, typically. I would simply never
recommend Debian to new Linux users.

Hey, I am a professional systems administrator and I use Ubuntu. Believe me
that it is in no way dumbed down; Ubuntu makes some decisions, but they are
typically good ones, and typically can be overridden.

--
JDS