[scribus] Newbie Mac User

Jeffrey Silverman jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 20:50:50 CEST 2009

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 2:39 PM, John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> <snip!>
>  If you use a self loading Linux cdr such as Knoppix (Debian) or
> Slax (Slackware) your "hard disk" is really main memory and after
> the 2.5 mins initial load time things run faster, not slower.  And
> I don't believe you need to "ignore all descriptions more then two
> years old." I still use my  Coherent Manual from the 90's as a
> reference to the standard utilities found on any 'nix system.
>

> --
> John Culleton

I was intentionally using hyperbole and oversimplification (or are those
mutually exclusive) in several points in my rant.

My point on the "ignore descriptions over 2 years old" was pertaining to
over-two-year-old reviews, analysis, and comparison of Linux distros to
other OSes. NOT documentation of key system components. Those are quite
different things, methinks.

--
JDS