[scribus] 1.3.5 32-bit deb to install on Hardy?

OM malex at scribus.info
Fri Apr 3 17:01:18 CEST 2009

* John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> [2009-04-02 18:52:08 -0700]:

> On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 08:23:27 -0400
> Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at yahoo.com> dijo:
>
> > John Jason Jordan wrote:
> > > I've looked all over and I can't find it.
> > >
> > > It might be on Sourceforge, but I can't read what all the files are
> > > because there is a Google ad right on top of them and I can't move the
> > > ad.
> > >
> > > Can someone please post a link?
> > >

> > Try this.
> > http://www.scribus.net/?q=debian
> >
> > You might want to search the list archives. There was a discussion about
> > problems with 1.3.5 on one of the Ubuntu versions, can't recall if it
> > was Hardy.
>
> Actualy, it was m, but I was trying to install it on Intrepid. I
> succeeded. But I am trying to troubleshoot some font issues on
> Intrepid, so I installed Hardy 32-bit in VirtualBox. Now I want to
> install 1.3.5 on Hardy, but the sources list is not working. I changed
> it from "intrepid" to "hardy," but it still does not see 1.3.5.

John,

It's not the "sources list" that is not working, but the fact that Hardy's Qt4
is too old for the current scribus 1.3.5 sources, so I stopped providing
scribus-ng package for hardy. Intrepid is the release to use for Ubuntu or use
ANY one of the three Debian branches, which is one of the reasons I recommend
Debian over Ubuntu for doing actual work as opposed to home entertainment.

Cheers,

Alex.

Your friendly debian scribus maintainer.