[scribus] prepress check

henry atting nspm_01 at literaturlatenight.de
Wed Sep 24 11:01:26 CEST 2008

Zitat - peter linnell * Di Sep 23 2008 um 18:24 -

> On Tuesday 23 September 2008 13:45:59 Gregory Pittman wrote:
>> henry atting wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > on http://pdfx.info I find some tools for pdf/x checking -- for
>> > windows and OS/X. What tools/utilities exist under Linux?
>>
>> Peter Linnell may be the best one to answer this, but Scribus tries to
>> generate PDFs that should be compliant.
>> Some of the issues that seem to come up relate to the particular
>> software that some printers use, or their own workflow which may be
>> restrictive.
>>
>> There was just a discussion on the list about PDF/X-1a:
>>
>> http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus/2008-September/031074.html
>>
>> Greg
>>

> There is only one tool on Linux and it is an expensive server based tool.
>
> The other option is to run Acrobat Pro under Wine. Acrobat Reader will not use
> those plug ins mentioned in the link.
>
> That said, if you output PDF/X-3 from Scribus, I've never seen it fail in my
> testing with these tools.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Peter

Mmh, I created a PDF/X-3 (a single picture with no text) and made a
check with Acrobat Pro. I got an error message, someting like:

    This PDF/X-3 contains an Trimbox and an Artbox, but a conforming
    PDF/X-3 must contain only one of them but not both

henry