[scribus] prepress check

peter linnell mrdocs at scribus.info
Tue Sep 23 18:24:49 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 23 September 2008 13:45:59 Gregory Pittman wrote:
> henry atting wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > on http://pdfx.info I find some tools for pdf/x checking -- for
> > windows and OS/X. What tools/utilities exist under Linux?
>
> Peter Linnell may be the best one to answer this, but Scribus tries to
> generate PDFs that should be compliant.
> Some of the issues that seem to come up relate to the particular
> software that some printers use, or their own workflow which may be
> restrictive.
>
> There was just a discussion on the list about PDF/X-1a:
>
> http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus/2008-September/031074.html
>
> Greg

There is only one tool on Linux and it is an expensive server based tool.

The other option is to run Acrobat Pro under Wine. Acrobat Reader will not use
those plug ins mentioned in the link.

That said, if you output PDF/X-3 from Scribus, I've never seen it fail in my
testing with these tools.

Hope that helps,
Peter