[scribus] Trying hard to build 1.3.5

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex at scribus.info
Tue Sep 23 21:23:18 CEST 2008

* John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com> [2008-09-23 15:07:39 -0400]:

> I just installed Debian testing for the specific purpose of building
> the bleeding edge version of Scribus. Scribus 1.3.5 requires cmake. I
> downloaded build-essential, qt4 and cmake. Ran svn of course.  When I
> try to run cmake I get this error:
>  Qt4 Found OK
> CMake Error
> at /usr/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:52
> (MESSAGE):
>   Could NOT find ZLIB

John,

I happen to have build 1.3.5svn for Debian sid and lenny yesterday. I've not
encountered any problems with the build. Please fetch my current scribus-svn
package from our upstream Scribus Archive and take a look at the debian/control
file after unpacking the package. That way you'll see what Build-Depends I've
used and you can compare that list to what you have installed.

Regards,

Alex.