[scribus] Trying hard to build 1.3.5

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Sep 23 21:07:39 CEST 2008

I just installed Debian testing for the specific purpose of building
the bleeding edge version of Scribus. Scribus 1.3.5 requires cmake. I
downloaded build-essential, qt4 and cmake. Ran svn of course.  When I
try to run cmake I get this error:
 Qt4 Found OK
CMake Error
at /usr/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:52
(MESSAGE):
  Could NOT find ZLIB
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/modules/FindZLIB.cmake:47 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  CMakeLists.txt:428 (FIND_PACKAGE)

I ran apt-cache search zlib
and variations thereof but no joy so far. I need to download something
but I don't know what.

I am a noob in Debian but have a decade or so using Slackware.
--
John Culleton